The Maintenance Manager oversees the St. Paul Maintenance Department. This department functions within a state of the art facility, producing goods in a highly automated, LEED qualified bakery, with modern equipment and support systems. The position is responsible for troubleshooting and solving of problems related to the bakery equipment and facility including all electrical controls and related components associated with the processing of finished goods and building services. As the maintenance leader, this role mentors and supports th etraining needs of a growing staff of skilled mechanics and technicians, as well as, troubleshoots and solves of problems related to the bakery equipment and facility.
- On-site management, training, and mentoring of maintenance department.
- Work with other managers to optimize plant efficiency and up time.
- Lead person for all emergency response related equipment problems.
- Project management of new initiatives.
- Aid in troubleshooting plant issues with staff technicians and contractors.
- Works nights, weekends occasionally as needed.
- Continue to improve the predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Further develop staff skills and perform yearly evaluations.
- Spare parts ordering and inventory.
- Manage monthly and annual budget.
- Schedule staff and work to be performed.
- Train staff personnel in:
- PLC Troubleshooting training for staff employees.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Best maintenance and safety practices.
- Responsible for the proposal of cost estimates for project, upgrades, rebuilds, and standard parts inventory.
- Other duties may be assigned as business necessitates.
- Abide by and insure plant personnel are following all GMPs, Personal Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, and SQF Rules. Adheres to the Baldinger Code of Conduct.
- Role model behaviors that display teamwork, respect, professionalism and that also reflect the Vision and Mission of Baldinger Bakery.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn as part of the organizations continuous improvement process.
- Works in a safe manner and promptly reports hazards identified in the work environment.
Technical Degree, Military Training or BS Degree in an Engineering, or related discipline. Extensive proven experience with the food industry will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance leadership
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical and electrical control systems
- Experience with major Capital projects and proven ability to manage budgets.
- Experience in or comfort with the following systems:
- Microsoft Office
- AutoCad 2014
- Rockwell (AB)
- RSLogix 5000/500
- FactoryTalk View Studio
- Strong people and communication skills.
- Good understanding of automated processes.
- Skills in problem solving and troubleshooting during pressured situations.
- Skills in blueprint and schematic reading and interpretation.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to teach and mentor.
- Bakery experience
- Formal education in Electrical (Controls) Engineering:
- University, Tech School or Military.
- Technical training in PLC programming and modern control systems.
- Up to Date/HighLevel technical trainingin Allen Bradley systems.
- Able to stand, stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas.
- Able to work 12 hours on occasion.
Essential position functions and education and experience are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and knowledge required to perform the vital duties of this position. The position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Baldinger Bakery reserves the right to revise or change essential position functions and/or required duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Successful candidates will be required to consent to a background screening, pre-employment physical, and a drug screen.