The Production Manager organizes and coordinates the daily production activities for all of Baldinger’s products through hands-on leadership. They are responsible for the smooth running of all production lines, the quality, and the specifications of each product. This position is expected to be a change agent and have extensive knowledge of production procedures, baking, and coaching of personnel towards maximum performance. The Production Manager will also assist the Plant Manager with development and implementation of production standards that will improve the efficiency of operations in the production department through effective service to sales, cost reduction, inventory, safety, GMP’s and quality program procedures. The goal is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements.
- Provide the bakery with expert knowledge on baking, dough, innovation, and troubleshooting strategies.
- Review production orders and plan production operations establishing priorities and schedules.
- Works and coordinates with all department managers, supervisors, and support personnel to ensure efficient and well-planned operation.
- Monitor entire plant for maintenance, sanitation and production needs and/or deviations making adjustments as necessary.
- Actively engaged in personnel needs such as:
- The process of hiring new employees including interviewing and orientation
- Performance matters including attendance issues, corrective action, coaching, and termination.
- Scheduling and verification of new employee and new supervisor training
- Maintain and assist in developing direct strategies conductive to attaining a healthy employee morale through;
- Training, engagement, and development of personnel
- Motivation of supervisors and personnel
- Promoting teamwork at all levels and expanding cooperation between departments
- Succession planning
- Communicate specific and clear objectives that are real, attainable and conclusive to attaining the general objectives of the Company.
- Establish inventory needs such raw materials and finished products.
- Establish shipping requirements with Distribution Mgr.
- Record and handle performance issues when necessary.
- Assisting with outside Contractors for various projects.
- Understands Customer Product Specifications.
- Other duties may be assigned as business necessitates.
- Abide by and insure plant personnel are following Company Policy, SOPs, GMPs, Personal Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, and SQF Rules. Adheres to the Baldinger Code of Conduct.
- Role model behaviors that display teamwork, respect, professionalism and that also reflect the Vision and Mission of Baldinger Bakery.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn as part of the organization’s continuous improvement process. Works in a safe manner and promptly reports hazards identified in the work environment.
- High School graduate or its equivalency.
- At least fifteen years in the baking industry with seven years baking operation experience in a supervisory role.
- Completion of the AIB correspondence course and AIB 20-week Resident Course
- Ability to do basic math and computational skills as well as possess verbal and written skills.
- Responsible for knowing the fundamentals of product Quality and SPC.
- Understands functionality of ingredients and raw material specifications.
- Fully knowledgeable as to the procedures and processes used in a bakery.
- A working knowledge of formulation.
Desirable Skills/Attributes (preferred but not required:)
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration or similar
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours, while working with and around machinery.
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas.
- Able to lift 60 pounds once per hour and 10 to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Able to push and/or pull wheeled carts of 100 to 500 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to raise arms overhead repeatedly while lifting 30 pounds.
Essential position functions and education and experience are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and knowledge required to perform the vital duties of this position. The position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Baldinger Bakery reserves the right to revise or change essential position functions and/or required duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.