This position will perform work on the dock including picking orders, loading and unloading of product from vehicles. This position may be assigned by management, based upon seniority, drive special deliveries.Responsible for physical moving of freight into and out of trailers in a timely manner, by handling the freight manually, or using a forklift or hand truck.
- Responsible for physical moving of freight into and out of trailers in a timely manner, by handling the freight manually, or using a forklift or hand truck.
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Must have a valid, Class A CDL required; and must be able to operate equipment safely.
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends as per company needs
- Must meet the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Company mental and physical requirements; and must be physically and mentally able to safely perform the essential job functions without obvious risk of injury to the employee or co-workers.
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally)
- Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary
Essential position functions and education and experience are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and knowledge required to perform the vital duties of this position. The position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Baldinger Bakery reserves the right to revise or change essential position functions and/or required duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Successful candidates will be required to consent to a background screening, pre-employment physical, and a drug screen.